"I have adopted `Working with Groups to Overcome Panic, Anxiety and Phobias' and `Overcoming Panic, Anxiety & Phobias' as required texts. Written in simple, straightforward language, these books are helpful to the practitioners as well as to the sufferer" - Maurice Kouguell, Ph.D, Dean, Depts of Counseling Psychology and Family Communications, Westbrook University
The perfect guide for therapists who want to increase their expertise and referrals in the field of anxiety disorders and stress management. Written especially for mental health professionals, this manual presents well-researched, state-of-the-art treatment strategies for a variety of anxiety disorders:
ANXIETY DISORDERS ADDRESSED:
- Social anxiety (performance/evaluation fears)
- Specific phobia (fear of flying, driving, etc.)
- Generalized anxiety disorder (excess worry and tension)
- Panic disorder
- Assessment tools, relaxation scripts, strategies to challenge catastrophic thoughts, exposure techniques to help people face their fears
- Worksheets and Handouts
- Sample treatment plans for most anxiety disorders with behavioral goals, treatment objectives and outcomes measures that can be used to prepare documentation for managed care organizations
- Support for lifestyle changes, information for family and friends, skills for relapse prevention
- Lecture Guides which give you scripts to use for each exercise
- An extensive bibliography
- Adaptable for individual or group therapy, work site lectures, and all-day workshops
- Support groups will also find this manual useful
Sessions in this manual are related directly to the chapters in Babior and Goldman's self-help book, "Overcoming Panic, Anxiety & Phobias". Therefore, material presented during therapy sessions can be reinforced by distributing self-help books for extra between-session reading and at-home practice.
Shirley Babior, LCSW, CEAP, upon request, will provide you with assistance in applying the strategies presented in her book to your own practice. These effective cognitive and behavioral exercises are a revelation to clients who think their condition is hopeless.
Anxiety and Panic Response Worksheets (8 1/2" x 11") are also available on our secure order form. These reproducible work sheets, from Working with Groups to Overcome Panic, Anxiety & Phobias, provide between session support for your treatment goals.
About The Authors
Shirley Babior, LCSW, MFT, is in private practice in San Diego, California and specializes in treating anxiety disorders. She is the co-author of "Overcoming Panic, Anxiety and Phobias", a group therapy manual and an audio self-help program for anxiety disorders. Shirley provides consultation to supervisors and services to employees suffering from anxiety and stress in the workplace. She has lectured on the treatment of anxiety disorders at numerous professional continuing education and healthcare seminars, and also offers clinical case consultation to mental health professionals. She is the coauthor of two research articles on social anxiety with the University of California at San Diego's Department of Psychiatry. Shirley is a former regional governor of the Phobia Society of America and board member of the Society of Behavioral Medicine.
Carol Goldman, LICSW, is in private practice in Boston, Massachusetts.
Both authors have lectured extensively and provide in-service training for professionals in the field of anxiety disorders.
Working with Groups to Overcome Panic, Anxiety & Phobias is $30.95 including shipping and handling ($37.95 outside the U.S.). See the on-line order form for information on discounts.
Visa, MasterCard, Check and Money Order accepted.
I want to order on-line via secure server now!